[TxMt] TextMate is littering AppleDouble encoded Macintosh files (._*)

Alex Rice mindlube at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 20:46:39 UTC 2008

Sorry if this is a FAQ-  I didnt' see it anywhere though. I am editing
over a SSHFS-WebDAV volume and I just noticed that TM is making lots
of ._* files on the remote volume. Can this be turned off I hope?

mbp:Forms >file ._*
._form-data-create.post.desc.xml: AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file
._form-data-create.post.js:       AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file
._form-data-read.get.desc.xml:    AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file
._form-data-read.get.js:          AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file
._form-data-read.get.json.ftl:    AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file
._form-read.get.desc.xml:         AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file