[TxMt] Let me escape

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:50:39 UTC 2008

Consider, with Input = Selected text or Line,

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
require ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"] + "/lib/exit_codes.rb"
TextMate.exit_insert_snippet ENV["TM_CURRENT_LINE"]

This changes
 asd $ \\
into
 asd  \
and I am not surprised. But what is the cleanest way
to get back the original line unchanged? I can manage
the slashes but not the dollar. And e_sh is not
a solution since it adds spurious slashes which I have
to take care of.

Thanks,
Piero

PS what I need is a way to pass to TextMate.exit_insert_snippet
a string containing dollars slashes etc in such a way that the
strings is inserted without any change. I know someone can do
this