[TxMt] problem reading preferences file for LaTeX bundle

Karol Kovarik karol.kovarik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:11:44 UTC 2008

Well, what to say... from one day to the other my LaTeX bundle starts giving
me

"There was a problem reading the preferences file, continuing with defaults"

message which is a hell of a complication as my latex files do not work with
pdflatex :( I'm not aware of installing anything on my Mac in the last
days..... I even reinstalled TextMate & Latex bundle but the message is
still there :(

and by the way I have Leopard 10.5.4 & TextMate 1.5.7 (1436) so probably the
old posts about python problems with Tiger do not apply...

Is there an easy fix or should I really get to writting my own less fancy
but a working script for running latex & all the stuff instead of Typeset &
View??