[TxMt] Re: Compiling C/C++ using Textmate

Marc Feldesman feldesmanm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:53:26 UTC 2008

It returns 'false'.  So we have a conflict.  echoing the svn bundle path returns the correct directory (or at least the directory it should be according to 5.7.4).  The directory exists (I've checked it) and it has what is supposed to be there - C.bundle and a subfolder containing the Support files.

What, would you suppose, is the problem here.  I'm thinking of completely uninstalling TextMate and starting over.  It isn't any use to me unless I can compile within the editor like I can do in AquaEmacs and SlickEdit.  So the Apple-R command is important to me with a straight gcc compile using C or C++.  I use XCode for Objective-C and Cocoa.

So, describe to me the steps to:

1.  *completely" uninstall TM so that I can start with the 1.5.7 downloaded version.

2.  update the 1.5.7 to a build that supports the compile (or Run) command in C/C++.

I've followed all the instructions to the letter.  Do the svn bundles work without upgrading the TextMate master application to a "cutting edge" build?  If so, I'll take it back down to the shipping build and build out from there.

Thanks.

Dr. Marc R. Feldesman
Professor & Chairman Emeritus
Anthropology Department