[TxMt] Re: templates: tab stops. what's my mistake?

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Oct 8 07:46:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

> OK, I'm making a new template for my SHTML files. My first question:
> how do I make the tab stops work properly?
>
> When I use the following template, [...] . Anyway, the tab
> stops aren't working at all, so I must be making some mistake. I just
> can't find it.
>
> The variables for selected text and date *do* work.

don't mix up templates and snippets. Only if one inserts it as "Insert
as Snippet" the TABs are working, a template inserts everything only
as plain text.

But Hendrik Nyh found a nice solution: a "Snipplate" bundle
http://henrik.nyh.se/2007/02/snippet-power-templates-in-textmate

Install that bundles
http://henrik.nyh.se/uploads/Snipplate.tmbundle.zip

and open it with the bundle editor to modify/copy/... it.

An other approach is to provide a NIB dialog for entering initial
data. This is useful for complex templates.

Cheers,

--Hans