[TxMt] Re: Simple markdown to book workflow?

tycho garen garen at tychoish.com
Fri Oct 3 13:40:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 11:16:33PM -0500, Gerd Knops wrote:
> Is there an easy workflow to produce a halfway decent looking book
> from this? I suspect it would involve Latex, which I know nothing about.

It's not a textmate centric command unless you write the command for it, but I'm a huge fan of the "maruku" markdown translator (it's ruby, on rubyforge, and for those that are interested it also has all of the PHP Markdown Extra/MultiMarkdown syntax.)

Anyway, it does LaTeX as well. The command is `maruku --tex <filename>,` or `maruku --pdf <filename>,` and whatever translator you use, you'll want to do a little bit of minor editing to the header so that the breaks and page formating all works the way you want it to. This kind of stuff is pretty straightforward, and I think you'll be able to figure it out...

Cheers,
tycho