[TxMt] Re: Question on the new DIALOG2 approach

Thu Oct 2 17:13:01 UTC 2008

On 30 Sep 2008, at 10:48, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> [ DIALOG2 ]
> This would me that I have to deal with both the eventInfo Dict AND the
> model Dict in order to find which button was pressed.
> [...]
> Is there a way to put into the eventInfo Dict the title of the chosen
> Segment of a Segment Control à la the 'normal' button event?

I talked with Hans about this on IRC, but for the records:

  1. performButtonClick: is something I would like to deprecate.
  2. Binding to returnArgument:«arguments» should allow for any
binding property to end up in the event info.
  3. Long-term it should be possible to observe just the binding
property w/o having to involve action methods: http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2008-August/026309.html
  -- there is a (minor?) challenge here though indicating which (root)
object to observe.
  4. Long-term we also plan to add a sort of a filter key-path
argument to tm_dialog that makes it so that only the given key-path is
returned (rather than full model).