[TxMt] Re: editing .profile, and others

Sat Nov 29 12:14:15 UTC 2008

On 26 Nov 2008, at 17:38, Jon Evans wrote:

> [...]
> Unfortunately when I right-click the files in the project drawer
> (all of
> them, not just the two that won't edit in TextMate) the Treat File as
> Text/Binary option is disabled.

Files without extension cannot be set to binary nor text. Instead a
heuristic is used to decide if they are text, which is effectively if
the first 1024 bytes are valid UTF-8 or alternatively, if the file
creator is TxMt or (I think) type is text. The latter two things can
be set with the SetFile shell command.