[TxMt] disable new behavior in contextual menu for snippet selection - possible?

minimal design textmate at minimaldesign.net
Fri Nov 28 21:42:18 UTC 2008

The new way of selecting snippets with "command + #" (when for
instance there's more than one assigned to a tab trigger) forcing you
to use "command" key instead of just number is really annoying... to me.

Is it possible to cancel this new behavior somehow?

And if not, what's the reason behind the change? I might be better
able to get used to it if I can understand the benefits. ;)

Thanks!