[TxMt] Latex bundle troubleshooting II

Achilleas Lazarides achilleas.lazarides at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:40:04 UTC 2008

Hello again,
Seems I am still having some trouble with the latex bundle.
Basically, the first time I attempt to typeset after launching textmate, I
get:

The current PATH is:

/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
Please add the directory containing “kpsewhich” to PATH in TextMate's Shell
Variables preferences.

Alternatively, the PATH can be retrieved from Terminal but this requires a
relaunch:
(button to perform this operation)

Now as a matter of fact the correct path is present in my shell variables in
textmate's preferences (in "shell variables" under "advanced"), as opposed to
just /usr/bin, /bin and sbin as mentioned in the message; furthermore, it is
already in my usual PATH. If I do click on the button, it quits and restarts
and everything is ok. Checking the preferences, a new PATH var has been added,
containing my shell path. This addition occurs even if the exact same path
variable is already present in textmate's preferences.

If I now quit and restart textmate, the same process is repeated, and a new
path variable added to the preferences before I can typeset (identical to the
other ones already there), and everything works after that, until I quit
again, and so on.

This did not happen before I updated my latex and support bundles.

Maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't see what is going on, and this is
starting to get annoying. Any ideas?