[TxMt] Re: problem running perl script

Dave Winzler dave at nkvt.com
Mon Nov 17 02:07:37 UTC 2008

Allan,

Here are the versions I have:

$ cat /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Support/version
9280
$ cat /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/version
9279

The perl script I'm trying to run is pretty minimal:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print 123;

For the heck of it I removed:
	/Library/Application Support/TextMate
	~/Library/Application Support/TextMate
I also deleted TextMate.app and downloaded a fresh copy. The perl
script then ran!

I then downloaded the cutting edge version of TextMate, and the perl
script still ran.

I then followed the instructions in the wiki to checkout bundles via
subversion, and restarted TextMate. Once again the perl script would
not run, and yielded the same error:

-e:2:in `require': no such file to load -- /Applications/TextMate.app/
Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/tm/executor (LoadError) from -e:2

Removing:
		/Library/Application Support/TextMate

and restarting TextMate, the perl script once again worked.

It looks like something may be broken in Support version 9280?

	- Dave