[TxMt] latexmk.pl problem with textmate

Hofert Marius m_hofert at web.de
Sat Nov 8 15:21:03 UTC 2008

Dear Textmate Users,

I use textmate + skim on Mac OS 10.4.11 to compile LaTeX-documents. I
recently started using the LaTeX package "lmodern". I soon realized
that mathematical formulas are not correctly displayed when I use
this package, however, they are perfectly fine as long as I do not
use this package. After trying a lot of things with math fonts I
realized that the problem is with textmate. I use textmate (version
1.5.7) with the option latexmk.pl enabled for automatic document
compiling. If I use latexmk.pl from the terminal to compile my
document, the math formulas are correctly displayed, however, if I
use textmate (which should also simply call latexmk.pl) to do the
job, then e.g. a greek psi is not correctly displayed. How can I tell
textmate to simply apply the perl script latexmk.pl and do not do
anything different because then the error occurs. I would also like
to add that I use the latest version of latexmk.pl (4.01) and
the .dvi-file is also correctly displayed in skim. It's just that
textmate somehow instructs latexmk.pl to do something weird with
the .dvi file to get the .ps and .pdf files. How can I solve this
problem?

Best regards,

Marius.

P.s.: here is a minimal example: