[TxMt] another "Ack in project" TextMate plugin.

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Sat May 31 00:30:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Trevor Squires <trevor at protocool.com>
wrote:
> Hey,
>
> a short while back I went looking for a TextMate plugin for ack but
> the advertised link was dead so I based one off GrepInProject++
> (instead of doing something sensible like contact the plugin's author
> about the dead link...).
>
> Anyhow, my own take on "Ack in project" can be found at:
>
> http://github.com/protocool/ack-tmbundle/tree/master
>
> It does nifty stuff like remember your last 10 searches, allows you to
> choose word, literal or case insensitive search as well as configure
> options like whether you want to show context lines, follow symlinks
> and ignore .ackrc (you can define a .ackrc in your project directory
> too).
>
> I've still got a few things I'd like to improve with it but it's in
> daily use (on Tiger, will test Leopard shortly).

Nice! A few things:

- It should use the search pasteboard (tip: "pbpaste -pboard find")

- It includes nib files (even though the ack man page says it doesn't)
and also the .tmproj file. So i think it should use a default .ackrc of:

	--type-set
	nib=.nib,.xib
	--type-set
	textmate=.tmproj
	--nonib
	--notextmate

- I think a shortcut of ⇧⌥⌘-F (Shift-Alt-Cmd-F in case mail
doesn't preserve those characters) would be more intuitive

- The progress spinner while the panel is up is a bit annoying, though
I am not sure if that can be changed easily

- I think cancel should close the window (maybe use the tooltip exit
code and print "Ack in project cancelled" or so)

BTW seems to work fine on Leopard.

Gerd