[TxMt] Updated Search in Project with ack

Corey Jewett ml at syntheticplayground.com
Fri May 30 05:01:31 UTC 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 11:09 , Daniel Stockman wrote:

>> I've updated my Search in Project with ack command.
>
> I've been unable to get this working on Leopard with cutting edge
> TM, SVN updated Support, and freshly copied standalone version of
> ack 1.84 chmodded +x and placed in ~/bin, which is the first entry
> on my $PATH. I even tested it with a symlinked version at /usr/local/
> bin, but no dice.

TextMate doesn't inherit your PATH. See: http://manual.macromates.com/en/shell_commands#search_path

I'm was having the same problem as you -- running 10.5.2, ack
installed in ~/.bin (which is in my PATH), and no results.

In the Bundle Editor I tweaked Pedro's script to hardcode the path to
ack. It started working. After some googling I found the TM manual
reference above and will give the fixes mentioned there a try.

Corey