[TxMt] Feature Request: Copy the content of a tooltip into the clipboard

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu May 29 07:46:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

I do not know if this request is a general one, but in the past it
often happens to me that I want to get the content of a tooltip in
order to do something with it. A simple example is the output of
"Statistics of Doc/Sel". Sometimes I want to insert that info into my
document.

[The same for the HTML tooltip (?)]

Is there a way to provide such a functionality? Now I do the
following: Change the command's output behaviour to "Create New Doc",
invoke the command again, and reset the command's output behaviour.
But this is a bit annoying.

Of course, to find a proper key/mouse event could be a bit tricky. All
key events are bound to text document except for ESC. Thus my question
is: Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers,

--Hans