[TxMt] Searching for Objective-C documentation

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Mon May 26 21:17:39 UTC 2008

On 16 Apr 2008, at 14:16, Dave Baldwin wrote:

> The current Documentation for Word /  Selection and Documentation
> for Selector in the Objective-C bundle doesn't find a many of the
> classes and selectors for lots of things now in Leopard
> (CAAnimation, for example) or in the iPhone SDK.
>
> Having looked at the existing implementations of these commands I
> decided it would be easier to replace them rather than hack what was
> there already.  My implementation of these commands uses an Apple
> supplied tool (docsetutil) to search for the word, etc. in the
> docsets so don't need any private index lists to find words quickly.
> [...]

This is awesome, thanks!

Definitely we will role this into the default bundle. We can do a
check for 10.4 and fall back on the old stuff in that case, as this is
too good a gem to pass on :)

Also, I need it to fallback on ‘man’ (section 2-9) so it still finds
documentation for stuff in the standard C library and POSIX. I’ll look
into that in the nearest future and then do a commit.