[TxMt] Problem launching TextMate from terminal in Leopard

Steven Martin smartin41 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:40:52 UTC 2008

Thanks for the very helpful advice!I just commented out the lines in
/etc/profile that call path_helper.
Then, I put paths directly in my .bashrc file.
This fixed the problem with 'mate' from the terminal, now it launches
without hanging.
By the way, the path_helper was also apparently the problem with the
extremely slow
launch of another app I used to use, aquamacs.

Cheers,
Steve