[TxMt] Re: Reformat comment command

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sun May 18 01:41:35 UTC 2008

On 18 May 2008, at 02:57, Daniel Grady wrote:

> Hi, I'm not sure if anyone's brought this up before, but I think
> there are
> three problems with the Reformat Comment command in the Source bundle:
>
> 1. It doesn't respect the wrap column (the TM_COLUMNS variable)
> 2. It adds an extra newline at the end of the comment
> 3. It doesn't correctly handle comments that are indented
>
> [...] switching the Input to Selected Text or Line (rather than
> Selected Text or Scope) since this will pass leading
> whitespace to the rubywrap script.

I don’t see how that will fix #3, at least not if we want it to work
on multiple (commented) lines without having to manually select them
first (but that already works).

The long-term plan is to introduce a leading whitespace scope for
single-line comments, and then let this command select comments
including this whitespace scope.