[TxMt] How to use Teminal and TextMate in Ruby on Rails

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Sat May 17 20:07:02 UTC 2008

> My AppleScript is written at <http://samuraicoder.net/applescript_duplicating_tabs_terminal
> >. This is just a shitty script, simply emulates what I do on
> keyboards. Is there anybody who can know a much better way?

Here's the applescript I use in the ActionScript 3 Bundle to compile
with:

http://pastie.textmate.org/pastes/198815

Essentially it locates - or creates if it doesn't exist - a tab in the
terminal and writes to it.
I also have a command which fetches the contents of the terminal
window and pretty-prints the output.

The one problem is that it's Leopard only, as before that the Terminal
wasn't properly scriptable.

Cheers,
Simon