[TxMt] Problem launching TextMate from terminal in Leopard

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Fri May 16 22:52:26 UTC 2008

On 15 May 2008, at 20:49, Steven Martin wrote:

> When I try and launch textmate from the terminal (via 'mate'),
> textmate
> hangs.
> Interestingly, if textmate is already open, this doesn't occur.
> Eventually I have to force quite textmate.  I am running Leopard
> (10.5.2) on
> an Intel Core 2 Due iMac.

So TextMate.app does launch, but stalls?

And you call mate without arguments?

You can try sample TextMate.app, see http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/101

Also be sure it is not that you have two versions of TextMate
installed, one being “broken” (e.g. migrated from a previous PPC
system or similar).