[TxMt] Problem launching TextMate from terminal in Leopard

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri May 16 10:49:27 UTC 2008

On 16 May 2008, at 11:40, Ed Singleton wrote:

> Steven Martin wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm relatively new to TextMate.
>> When I try and launch textmate from the terminal (via 'mate'),
>> textmate hangs.
>> Interestingly, if textmate is already open, this doesn't occur.
>> Eventually I have to force quite textmate.  I am running Leopard
>> (10.5.2) on an Intel Core 2 Due iMac.
> Exactly what are you typing when you launch it, and how do you know
> it hangs?
>
> Is it possible you are just typing 'mate' (without the quotes)?  In
> which case TM opens but doesn't do anything.  Maybe you need to type
> 'mate .' to open the current folder, or 'mate myfile.txt' to open a
> file?

hmm.

I just tried mate .  and whilst TM started it then went into
application not responding, a force quit returned this to the terminal:

2008-05-16 11:44:06.624 mate[883:10b] Exception raised during posting
of notification.  Ignored.  exception: 'connection went invalid while
waiting for a reply'  invoked observer method: '*** -[OakLaunchHelper
didLaunchTextMate:]'  observer: 0x1218a0  notification name:
'NSWorkspaceDidLaunchApplicationNotification'

I'm using
   Version 1.5.7 (1464)

on

   System Version:	Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
   Kernel Version:	Darwin 9.2.2

mate myfile.txt  opens a new file, just fine.

hth someone