[TxMt] [LaTeX]Project-wise engine setting

Paul McCann paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au
Thu May 15 15:06:41 UTC 2008

Édouard Gilbert asked...

> ...I'm currently working on a project containing a little pstricks. As
> we're several people working on the file, I'fd rather avoid using %!
> comments in the beginning of the file. I was thus wondering if there was
> some way to set a project-wise environment variable to override the default
> engine.

Have you checked that the switch doesn't happen automatically? I'm pretty
sure that the  compile script checks for the existence of a
\usepackage{pstricks} directive and will switch compiling to "latex" (ie,
via dvi) in this case. Check out the log file to be sure.

Aah, here it is: you can see this implemented at about line 363 of

/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py

Cheers,
Paul