[TxMt] Is TM memory hog? 10MB text file makes TM use 564MB of RAM

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Mon May 12 23:08:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just want to ask if anybody can confirm TM taking the 564MB physical
(1.3GB VM) with this simple test:

$ otool -tv /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/MacOS/TextMate > /tmp/
tm.s

/tmp/tm.s is ~11MB

Close TM, and run:

$ mate /tmp/tm.s

Open Activity Monitor and check TM memory usage.

It means if I open 3 such files I'm out of my RAM. This is really
nothing good. I'd accept 1:5 filesize/mem usage ratio, but 1:50 is
kind too much.
Would it be any better in TM 2.0? I hope we can try some beta soon.

Regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki |: nanoant.com :|