[TxMt] Re: TM 2.0 // visual effects via CoreVideo?

Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient textmate at subtleGradient.com
Sun May 4 05:47:15 UTC 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:
> Dennis Amrouche wrote:
>> Its a hack of the terminal via SIMBL giving transparent backgrounds
>> of Terminal a 'blur effect'.
>> For a certain degree 'blurring backgrounds' improve usability,
>> instead of being GUI-toy only.
>> Also, it would integrate well into GUI changes of OSX that came
>> with Leopard.
>> Could something similar be on the roadmap?
>
> I certainly hope that neither developer time, nor interface
> complexity, are expended on such a pointless “feature”.
>
> -Jacob

I certainly hope that both my development time and interface enjoyment
are expanded when such a lovely feature is added. ;)

Hopefully added as a plugin though.

Ciaran, we're looking at you!

-Tom