[TxMt] Keystroke characters display is heavily condensed in TM

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Sat May 3 16:42:38 UTC 2008

On May 3, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:

>> (...) but they are wider than the spacing allows for. They are fine
>> as long as they follow a whitespace character.
>
> That's it, keystroke characters from "⌥⌘S" are overlapping each
> others, so they're totally unreadable in TM, while this problem
> exists neither in TextEdit nor Mail (those apps displays them
> correctly). I think then it is just TM problem, that counts the
> width for those characters incorrectly.

Well, not really. TextMate assumes the fonts it works with are mono-
spaced. But those characters 'break out' of the monospace box for that
font in as that they are wider. So it is actually a font problem. Of
course making those characters look good within the same bounds other
characters use would probably be a challenge.

Gerd