[TxMt] TM does not consider the % sign in LaTeX

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Fri May 2 14:34:52 UTC 2008

>>> What a strange behaviour. I typeset the file within TeXShop and it
>>> gave me a runaway argument with the precise position in the code.
>>> I missed a curly bracket on a \url command. Thats it.
>>
>> Why does TM responds with such wrong error messages and not with a
>> precise one?
>
> TM does not try to compile your file, it delegates that task to
> pdflatex. So does TeXShop. In theory they are calling the same
> program. So I see no reason for the discrepancy. Please provide a
> minimal reproducible and clear example.

Well, differences can arise because of the preference settings in the
latex bundle (assuming that they are not overridden by a TeX directive
at the start of the document) and by using a different engine in
TeXShop. Check to see if the engine corresponds to your preferences in
the latex bundle in TM (option command ,). Best, Mark