[TxMt] TM does not consider the % sign in LaTeX

Christian maillists at gmx.de
Fri May 2 14:34:14 UTC 2008

Am 02.05.2008 um 13:10 schrieb Charilaos Skiadas:

> On May 2, 2008, at 4:28 AM, Christian wrote:
>
>> Am 02.05.2008 um 09:47 schrieb Christian:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I really having trouble with TM. For some reason TM does not
>>> consider the % sign within LaTeX. This means I get a lot of error
>>> messages. If I comment out some included file (e.g. %
>>> \input{history}) TM still reads the file and sends me errors like:
>>>
>>> Latex Error: ./history.tex:6 LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--
>>> perhaps a missing \item.
>>>
>>> The file looks at this point as follows:
>>>
>>> % 	\item parindent durch Option halfparskip entfernt
>>>
>>> Why does that happen and so suddenly and how could I resolve it?
>>
>> What a strange behaviour. I typeset the file within TeXShop and it
>> gave me a runaway argument with the precise position in the code. I
>> missed a curly bracket on a \url command. Thats it.
>>
>> Why does TM responds with such wrong error messages and not with a
>> precise one?
>
> TM does not try to compile your file, it delegates that task to
> pdflatex. So does TeXShop. In theory they are calling the same
> program. So I see no reason for the discrepancy. Please provide a
> minimal reproducible and clear example.

Here is the working minimal example (the curly bracket after \url is
missing):

You can see that TeXShop provides the erroneous passage of the code.

-------------------------
\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{hyperref}
%
\begin{document}
	\url{http://jabref.sourceforge.net
\end{document}
-------------------------

TM error message:
-------------------------
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)

Processing: ./urltest.tex

Document Class: scrartcl 2006/07/30 v2.95b KOMA-Script document class
(article)

! File ended while scanning use of \hyper at n@rmalise.

! Emergency stop.

! ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Complete transcript is in urltest.log

Found 1 errors, and 2 warnings in 1 runs

TeXShop error message