[TxMt] Ruby bundle Ruby 1.9 compatibility

James Gray james at grayproductions.net
Thu May 1 21:45:45 UTC 2008

On May 1, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:

> I'm not sure whether somebody has asked this before, but what is the
> current status of Ruby bundle compatibility with 1.9, at least for
> execution in TM preview window?

Well, 1.9 is currently in a test, non-stable release.  I monitor the
changes to the language and it's still a moving target at this point
for sure.

The first production release is expected this Christmas, so we still
have a solid seven months before it's in most people's hands.  I'm
sure that's the time when I personally would address compatibility
issues for TextMate.

If you don't want to wait that long, we take patches.  :)

The problem you show seems to be an encoding issue triggered by the
fact that we have some UTF-8 in the Exception printing code.  This
upsets Ruby's new m17n implementation, which is the biggest new thing
most Ruby's will need to adjust to.  Give us a little more time to get
up to speed on all of the new toys please.  :)

James Edward Gray II