[TxMt] Preview IE6 through Parallels

Dennis | screenlabor dennis at screenlabor.de
Thu Mar 27 14:54:32 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I have been to Ryan van Barneveld's Blog downloading ie-preview.app in
order to install it on my Leopard/Textmate/Parallels set up.
(http://www.ryanvb.com/ie-preview/)

I cant manage to do properbly as I dont know how 'activate' the
sharing folders for windows. I cant find such an option (Windows
Sharing) in the preference pane.

Quote from his website:
-----------------------------------
1) In the Sharing panel of System Preferences,
turn on Windows Sharing and note your Computer Name

2) Be sure to test your Windows Sharing by going into
Windows XP through Parallels, opening a file explorer
window and typing your computer name into the address
bar preceded by two backslashes.

eg. type \\MyMacBook, hit enter and you should see your Mac files

I also dont want to mess up sharing options - not knowing what to do
exactly but only trying - in order to keep my laptop 'privat' in
public places.

Could anybody help please?