[TxMt] browser preview command

Jonas Steverud jtvrud at bredband.net
Wed Mar 26 19:30:43 UTC 2008

24 mar 2008 kl. 13.02 skrev pascal at g:

> hi, I'm a bit confuse with the shell command to allow preview HTML
> page with browser instead of Web Preview. I'm not familiar enough
> with Terminal to "experiment".
> when I paste:
> sh ~/Documents/Scripts/browser.sh
> ... I go nowhere.
> I would greatly appreciate someone's help on that, including the
> command line to get a choice between Safari or Firefox.

I don't know what the browser.sh script does, but what you do is
starting a new shell and let it parse whatever is in the script, when
the browser.sh script ends, sh will terminate and you'll be back
where you started. If that script for instance change to another
directory it will only be done within the new shell and you won't see
anything.

You'll get a much better idea of what the browser.sh script does and
what it expects for command line etc. if you open it in you favorite
test editor (whichever that might be...) and try to read it, scripts
are usually commented and that might make some sense. It would be
much easier to help you if you told us where you got that script and
where you downloaded it from. I've never heard of it, but that
doesn't say much.

HTH.

/Jonas