[TxMt] TextMate overwrites symlinks

Tim Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:41:17 UTC 2008

Just ran into this problem today.  In our project, we have several
files that our mirrored, so we use git to manage the symlinks.  Today
we discovered that you can open a symlinked file, but when you try to
go and save it, the symlink is erased and replaced with a brand new
file, rather than updating the contents of the file that the symlink
points to.

Is this a known issue?  Is there any suggested workaround for it?
(other than, make sure you don't edit a symlinked file?)

Thanks,
Tim