[TxMt] Black PDF window which never renders from LaTeX docs; Acrobat Pro to blame?

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Tue Mar 25 18:37:21 UTC 2008

I am a recent TextMate convert. Part of what swayed me was the range
of bundles including LaTeX. I'm also pretty new to LaTeX.

I have been using TextMate to render LaTeX with various engines
including XeTeX. It has been working perfectly on everything until now.

Now when I Apple+R to render I get the regular panel for a moment,
along with engine output/info, then it goes black but the spinner
stays. It "runs" forever like this. The behavior happens on any
engine and document content/size. The documents render to PDF fine
from TeXShop. None of that setup has changed. I installed the bleed
version of TextMate two days ago to see if it might fix it. No
difference.

What *has* changed in my setup is I installed the CS3 Adobe web suite
(a new paid/registered version, not warez) which includes Acrobat
Professional. I am guessing this has hooked/broken some PDF meta-info
somewhere.

Any pointers where to look to fix this? Acrobat includes an
uninstaller but I'd rather not do that. Is it something that can be
updated in the LaTeX bundle? I think this is likely since other LaTeX
apps are still rendering to PDF, only TextMate's behavior changed.

Thanks for looking at this!
-Ashley