[TxMt] New R bundles available

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Mar 17 14:17:48 UTC 2008

Le 17 mars 08 à 14:34, Hans-Joerg Bibiko a écrit :

>> Haris, thanks for this answer but I found Sweave too complex ( I
>> discover R and Sweave
>> recently , perhaps in a few days this tool will be very fine for me)
>> My idea is to make a latex package to create interactivity between
>> R and pgf,
>> like gnuplot and pgf.
>

> What do you mean with "interactivity"?
> Can you give an example?

The idea is to use a package like gnuplottex.sty but for R

\begin{R}
  code with R
\end{R}

The code goes in a file and execute by R
Then it's possible to use the results of R with a data file like
  pgf and gnuplot or perhaps to use directly the results

I need to look at your work and to discover R and Sweave.

> On the other hand Sweave is not too complex.
>
> A good starting point is to download the file
> http://www.stat.umn.edu/~charlie/Sweave/foo.Rnw
>

> Save that file as foo.Rnw in a new empty folder. Open that file in
> TM. TM sets the language to SWeave. Press APPLE+R. That's it. E.g.
> you will see the plots embedded in your PDF etc. Afterwards you can
> play with the Rnw source code.
> (The SWeave bundle will create a tex file foo.tex out of foo.Rnw.)

Thanks for your help. I discover at this moment, the Sweave bundle !!

It's very awesome to work with TM and  all the people around it.

Best Regards

Alain Matthes