[TxMt] Bundle to alphabetize CSS rules

Steven Ross nowhiding at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:08:32 UTC 2008

Yeah I agree, that would make it very difficult to decipher... I take the
same approach in building CSS files that Florian mentions and it makes it
very easy to go back and find classes and rules. Also that would have the
potential to screw up any browser based hacks that rely on the order of the
element definitions in the CSS. That could leave you pulling your hair out
after you ran this script.
-=Steven

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Florian Gilcher <flo at andersground.net>
wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2008, at 2:01 PM, pete otaqui wrote:
> >
> > Alphabetizing is quite helpful when you get used to it, and
> > certainly helps when you're inheriting a code base.  The script
> > seems to run very quickly, although I'm on a dual-core MBP.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply,
> >
> > Pete
>
> Be aware that there are some other philosophies that make sense. While
> they all rely on bringing your rules in a certain order, they differ
> in the way of execution. For example, i usually practice something
> comparable but slightly different: All rules get grouped by function
> ("block layout", "positioning", "font&colors" etc.) and than
> alphabetized with an empty line between each group. I do have an
> sketchbook implementation for this somewhere on my book (in ruby), but
> it is far from usable ;).
>
> Greetings
> Florian Gilcher

Steven Ross
web application & interface developer
http://blog.stevensross.com
[mobile] 404-488-4364 [fax] 267-482-4364
[ AIM / Yahoo! : zeriumsteven ] [googleTalk : nowhiding ]