[TxMt] save as copy

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 14:04:41 UTC 2008

On 11 Mar 2008, at 13:55, Steven Ross wrote:

> version control is referring to a type of software that manages the
> iterations of your code for you (thats a pretty base description).
> you can
> read about one form of version control here: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

I've tried Subversion and Mercurial, but as a solo developer used to
working with folders of files (websites) it's very hard to see any
speeding up of my process.

often I want a copy of a CSS file so the changes I'm making can be
undone en-masse.

I'll also make a myriad of changes to several files to get a desired
result and having to comment each change or commit is counter
productive.

If I could get into the habit, it might help, but it doesn't seem to
bring any benefits to me at this point...

any other web developers/builders using Version Control Systems want
to share workflow? or point to a step by step?

;o)