[TxMt] Adding Latex Word count and paths with spaces - a little off topic

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sun Mar 9 09:24:37 UTC 2008

On 7 Mar 2008, at 09:00, Graham Smith wrote:

> [...]
> 1. Is there a "good practice" place to put such snippets of code

When a bundle item requires a certain script it can be put under
Support/bin in the same bundle.

The Support folder of the bundle is exposed as the TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT
environment variable (and "$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/bin" is automatically
put in the PATH for bundle commands w/o a shebang).

> 2. I put it in ~Library/Application Support/Textmate/Code
>
> Adding the "Code" folder to the existing directory tree.
>
> But this led me to a new problem in that I couldn't work out how to
> get that
> directory tree  found when trying to run the code. In Windows,
> because of
> the space in "Application Support"  I would gve the full and wrap it
> in
> quotes, but the cmbinations I tried failed to work.

Not sure exactly how you call what, but you want either:
      ~/Library/Application\ Support/Textmate/Code
or:  "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Textmate/Code"

The tilde is not expanded inside quotes, likely that was your problem.