[TxMt] error with Terminal 'mate' command

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Mar 7 08:02:42 UTC 2008

On 7 Mar 2008, at 08:44, bdude wrote:

> I'm having problems running the mate terminal command, I get the
> following
> error:
>
> /usr/bin/mate: line 1: ../SharedSupport/Support/bin/mate: No such
> file or
> directory

Actually mate is a symbolic link to /Applications/TextMate.app/
Contents/Resources/mate

Maybe the easiest would be to delete /usr/bin/mate (actually it
should be /usr/local/bin/mate AND please check in beforehand that /
usr/bin/mate IS really a symbolic link) and open the TM menu 'Help >
Terminal Usage' and press 'Create Link'.

--Hans