[TxMt] HTML output cache question

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Thu Mar 6 08:14:19 UTC 2008

On 6 Mar 2008, at 08:56, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> [...]
> There is also an other issue. If I press a button within an HTML
> output window very slowly - meaning press the button down, wait a
> second, and release it - works sometimes better than a 'fast' click.
> I don't know whether this is an issue of TM's internal event loop in
> conjunction with TextMate.system().

Try to make the button do something else than TextMate.system() (and
maybe try the same in Safari). I don’t see how TM’s event loop should
be able to affect this.

Sounds more like WebKit’s buttons start a local event loop on mouse
down which has a timeout to prevent getting stuck e.g. in case of a
missed “application lost focus”-event or similar.

> But anyway, it would be nice to have an option to force the HTML
> window to avoid caching the content.

I am not aware of anything I can do here -- I already use all the
WebKit settings which exist for disabling caching.