[TxMt] Javascript Language Highlighter Misses Regex in Array

Joseph Pecoraro joepeck02 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 22:13:55 UTC 2008

Hello All,

The JavaScript language highlighter doesn't highlight regular
expressions inside of an array.  Here is a code sample that shows some
simple test cases and only a few pass:

/test/
[/test/]
[1,2,/test/]
[1,2,/test/,'blah',/test/]
[  /test/,  /test/  ,/test/  ]
new Array(1,2,3)
new Array(/test/, /test/, /test/)
"blah".match(/test/);

I haven't worked much with languages before, but I assume all that
would be needed would be including "string.regexp.js" inside of an
array class or maybe modify "punctuation.definition.string.begin.js".
I couldn't find any way to do that.  I also tried adding a "," to the
list of characters that could come before the regexp itself but it
didn't seem to work, but I'm still new.

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Also, can anyone point me to where I can find the definition of
"punctuation.definition.*" and the like?

References I have look at:
http://blog.macromates.com/2005/introduction-to-scopes/
http://manual.macromates.com/en/language_grammars.html#naming_conventions

Thanks in Advance,