[TxMt] Re: Textmate/Latex: Citation Inclusion does not work

Kyle Johnson kbj at linguist.umass.edu
Mon Jun 16 13:29:22 UTC 2008

I might be experiencing the same, or a related, difficulty. I also
cannot get cite completion to work when it is in a LaTeX daughter
file.  I reference the master file by way of the following, familiar,
directive at the top of the file:

%!TEX root = /Users/kbj/Papers/*text/manuscript/text_master.tex

That master file is found in the same directory as the daughter files,
and it includes a \bibliography{} command that points to a bib file in
a different subdirectory. (I have a standard mactex installation.)
When I invoke cite completion, I get the following error:

/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Latex.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `initialize': No such
file or directory - /Users/kbj/Papers/*text/manuscript/text_master.tex
(Errno::ENOENT)
	from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Latex.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `open'
	from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Latex.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `options'
	from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Latex.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:45:in `master'
	from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Latex.tmbundle/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:62:in `get_citations'
	from /tmp/temp_textmate.rx4ZM0:8

I find, in addition, that completion doesn't work for these daughter
files inside \ref{} commands either (though it does, just as does cite
completion, when I am working in the master file).

I'm using TM 1.5.7 (1464), and this behavior is found on both a intel
macbook and a powerpc imac, both running latest versions of 10.5.

Kyle