[TxMt] weird bug

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:02:20 UTC 2008

My TextMate today started acting funny. When some
text is represented as italic (e.g., in LaTeX, inside an
\emph{THIS TEXT SHOWN AS ITALIC} ,
the text looks corrupted: some of the caracters are
replaced by other characters. If I switch back to
non-italic e.g. by changing bundle, everything looks ok.

Two funny thngs:

1) not all characters are changed. This

\textit{AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA}

appears perfect. On the other hand, if I write

\textit{EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE}

 some of the E's are replaced by an upperscore:
the 4th, the 8th, 12th AND 13th, etc.periodically

2) if I shift the thing, the position of the corrupted
characters remain fixed:i.e., if I write

   \textit{EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE}

(three spaces at the beginning) now the 1st,
5th, etc are changed into an upperscore.

Any ideas before I download a fresh copy and reinstall?

Thanks
Piero