[TxMt] Re: Actual Forum?

podperson tloewald at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 20:15:58 UTC 2008

Daniel Stockman wrote:

> It isn't rational because _you've_ made it emotional through outright
> troll-ish tactics such as talking past people's points, begging the
> question, and rampant ad hominem.

I haven't made any ad hominem remarks that I can recall. If I've "talked
past" someone's points it wasn't deliberate. I made a couple of mistakes
confusing two different people with each other (harder to do on a forum by
the way) and retracted the remarks.

If a forum is so important to you, MAKE ONE. No one is stopping you.

I addressed this point already -- fragmenting an online community is not
productive. It's akin to the way Linux deals with UI issues -- forking.

Stop polluting this list with your aggrieved whining.

Would pointing out that you're the one using "troll-ish tactics" be
considered ad hominem at this point. Or merely "aggrieved whining"?

I think I'll stop "polluting" this list with my presence.