[TxMt] Re: Actual Forum?

Thomas Aylott oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Wed Jul 30 14:43:02 UTC 2008

I think that's pretty similar to how Nabble works.
Do you think the UI of ruby-forum is better then Nabble2?

I like the idea of getting the best of both worlds.

Over at MooTools we just closed down the Forum that we've had for
years and moved over to Google Groups.
The transition has been a bit rocky since so many people are so used
to the Forums. But I personally thing Google Groups is a good
compromise between the two.

The Quicksilver.app forum was recently replaced by a Google Group too.

The one major advantage I've seen with the Mailing Lists vs. Forums is
that the signal to noise ratio is usually much better. As much as I
hate to stereotype... n00bs usually don't use Mailing Lists and non-
n00bs usually hate Forums.

I guess it's up to Allan if he wants to create a Forum, none of us
really have any say in it, except to make our own Unofficial Forum.
But, since Allan certainly falls into that ladder category, I don't
think there's likely to be much hope of it.
Sorry.

—Thomas Aylott / subtleGradient