[TxMt] Moving tabs with the keyboard

Nate Cavanaugh nate at shift22.com
Sat Jul 26 23:30:15 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I know the tab overflow thing has been discussed quite a bit before, but I
had a question that I couldn't seem to find the answer for.

Is there any way to move tabs with a keyboard shortcut? I often have over 35
files open at a time as I work in a project on different tasks, but often
I'll have about 15-20 of those spilled over into the overflow.

The problem is, many times I'll have multiple tasks that overlap in file
access, and I would like to move one tab next to another so I don't have to
keep Command+Arrow-ing over multiple files (which often times I don't
remember which ones are hidden behind the overflow, or what order).

The only references I've heard to rearranging tabs is to use the mouse, but
I didn't know if there is some hidden way to do this, or some other type of
work around.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!