[TxMt] Re: Tester wanted for the new bundle "GetBundles"

Thomas Aylott / subtleGradient textmate at subtlegradient.com
Sun Jul 20 16:39:18 UTC 2008

On Jul 20, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> How about this GUI suggestion?
> Here's it for Tiger:
>
> <gb.png>
>
> It's in the review repository as well as zip available.
> I also fixed some tiny issues. The bundle list is now sorted
> alphabetically by name instead by repository.
>
> --Hans

Wow! That looks a million times better.

Here's my further refinement of your idea:
http://tripledoubleyou.subtlegradient.com/textmate/Mockups/GetBundles%20Review%20Mockup1.png
Download the nib:
http://tripledoubleyou.subtlegradient.com/textmate/Mockups/GetBundles%20Review%20Mockup1.zip

A few more suggestions though… ;)
Put the gear menu at the bottom.
Make the "installation target" an advanced option.
Put all the advanced stuff in the gear menu as just menus and
submenus. EG:

GEAR >
Update Descriptions
Show Activity Log
--
Installation Target >
	More Info (should take you to a thing with more information about

I don't know how to do that part, so I leave that to you :D

This is really starting to rock!

—	thomas Aylott    @    subtleGradient