[TxMt] Re: GetBundles - What's about tmCommands, etc. ?

Thomas Aylott / subtleGradient textmate at subtlegradient.com
Sat Jul 19 18:13:12 UTC 2008

On Jul 19, 2008, at 5:56 AM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> regarding to the issue tmbundles what's about tmCommands?
>
> I could imagine that there are quite a few very useful tmCommands on
> the market.
> These tmCommands could be hosted at github like:
>
> sort-table-tmCommand
> show-duplicate-lines-tmCommand
>
> Then I could add an additional tag tmCommand to GetBundles.
> THese tmCommands will be installed into the user's tmbundle.
>
> Maybe the same for tmSnippet, tmMacros, tmPreferences, tmTheme ?
>
> --Hans

I recommend just limiting it to bundles.
If people want to create a bundle with a single command, then that's
fine. But if you just have a tmbundle, then you don't have access to
bundle support folder and that really doesn't scale well.
Having a github repo with a single tmcommand is a bit of a waste imho.

—	thomas Aylott    @    subtleGradient