[TxMt] completion in LaTeX \ref{}

Kyle Johnson kbj at linguist.umass.edu
Fri Jul 18 17:31:20 UTC 2008

I am a heavy user of the completion key (escape) in LaTeX.  At
present, when I press the escape key when I am inside a \ref{}
command, it offers me the first completion that it finds in the list
that it generates when I press the alt+escape key inside a \ref{}
command. That list is alphabetical (so far as I can see). It would be
more useful (for me) if instead it offered as its first choice the
contents of the most recent  \label{} command, and then offered them
in reverse order. (That is, if it behaved like it does when it is not
within a \ref{} command.) Indeed, it would be more useful (I think) if
the alt+esc key produced its offerings in reverse chronological order
when pressed within \ref{}.

Is it possible to manipulate the order in which escape offers up its
completions?

Many thanks,
Kyle