[TxMt] Re: GetBundle Suggestions

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Jul 8 06:40:14 UTC 2008

On 6 Jul 2008, at 00:50, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2008, at 6:48 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>
>> On 05.07.2008, at 18:43, Thomas Aylott / subtleGradient wrote:
>>
>>> I recommend integrating with the textmate gem: http://github.com/
>>> wycats/textmate
>>> That way any improvements can be nicely segregated into either the
>>> front end UI or the backend engine.
>>>
>>> The advantage of the textmate gem right now is that it has support
>>> for
>>> GitHub. And it runs from the terminal.
>>

>> This is a nice piece of software ;)
>>
>> To include the textmate routine is quite easy because I've already
>> separated GUI and the command which (de)install the bundles.
>> Furthermore I did some improvements for the GUI.
To use textmate gem would be rather simple. But one thing is a bit
tricky.
textmate depends on Rubygem and thor. I believe if one wants to write
a general GetBundle command one should make usage only of default
libraries.
By my opinion GetBundle is an essential piece of software.
I guess it could be a bit annoying for people who want to use this
GetBundle to install several other Ruby libraries in beforehand.

--Hans