[TxMt] Re: Xtrace/Zeroi/AS2

Mikael Hultgren blomma at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 7 16:37:52 UTC 2008

On 5 jul 2008, at 23.22, Gaby Vanhegan wrote:

> I know, I know, I should really be using flashlog.txt but I despise
> the Flash Debug Player with a passion.
>
> I've been fighting with a bunch of different flash loggers and so
> far the only one that I've made work is Xtrace; it connects but then
> logs:
>
> <policy-file-request/>
>
> And promptly disconnects.  The debug output is printed over the
> flash movie which is better than nothing but hardly usable.  I
> simply can't get it to log anything more, nor can I get it to send
> back a lax policy that will permit the logging.  Zeroi just plain
> doesn't work with Xtrace, or at least I can't make it work.  Xtrace
> was fantastic while it worked (in older versions of TM) but since it
> was upgraded a while back (and I am now running Leopard) it refuses
> to work.  Ah, the joy of Flash security issues.
>
> Other than flashlog.txt, what are my other possible options for
> logging trace() calls when building AS2.0 apps in TextMate?  What do
> you use?  How did you make it work?

This isnt excatly what you asked for in regards to trace(), but ive
found http://code.google.com/p/flash-thunderbolt/ to work wonders, it
exists for both as2 and as3 projects. For as2 projects it requires
firebug http://getfirebug.com/ but if youre not using firefox you can
also use http://getfirebug.com/lite.html