[TxMt] Re: Is the make new document AppleScript command working?

André Berg andre.berg at email.de
Sun Jul 6 13:52:59 UTC 2008

Cool. Thank you for your reply.

I don't have to use the AppleScript command, but it's the shortest way for
creating a fresh document that's not associated with a physical file on disk
yet.

What started as an AppleScript exercise, I am now trying to script a
workaround for the missing "Edit in TextMate" menu option in Xcode 3.
I installed TM as the Input Manager as described in the blog for Leopard and
it's working for many applications. Save Xcode. So I have a script for
getting the actual displayed buffer from Xcode and sending it to TM by
creating a new untitled window. As you can see I like using TM in tandem
with Xcode 3. It's very powerful.

With the

	do shell script "mate " & "/tmp/" & random_file_name

I could create a new document, open that in TM and

tell the front document
	insert buffer
end tell

appears to work for setting the document contents to the buffer from Xcode.

Again thanks for your help.

André